Friday, October 31, 2014

I celebrate Christmas and Easter, but not Halloween. Why?

I have heard so many people state that they don't celebrate Halloween because it is a pagan holiday meant to condone evil. I will respect their decision. But I don't like it when people give me weird looks because I go dress up as an elf at a church harvest part on the 31st. 
Let's get this straight, what is the difference between Halloween, Christmas and Easter?
Most Christians would respond, Satan is the first. Jesus is the second two. WRONG!!!!
In reality all of these holidays celebrate paganism! Christmas is Drewid!!! And now it's about presents! Easter is also Pagan, and is about big feasts! Halloween is Pagan also! So what's the difference?
Hypothetically, all of these holidays have a christian spin on it. Christmas is Jesus's birthday. Easter is his resurrection. Halloween is all saints eve, remembering OUR brethren. Things once evil made good. Even though I disagree with what goes on in the materialistic side of each holiday. I believe that if people are going to make a big deal about something, make sure you know the facts, and make sure you apply the same logic to everything.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment