Thursday, October 16, 2014

Relationships: Boy friend vs. Boy Friend

Over the past year and a half, I have become close friends with a few guys. Every time I do so someone has always asked me. "Are you two a couple?" or "Is he your Boy Friend?". No, I don't date, and I'm not in a relationship. I have Boy friends but not a Boy Friend. What is the difference between a Boy friends and a Boy Friend? A Boy friend is merely a close friend that is a guy. It's like calling your best friend your Girl friend. But you actually aren't in a relationship closer than a friendship. Now, what is a Boy Friend? A Boy Friend is like a significant other. Nothing less than a sweet heart. 
Now that these two have been defined. What's the deal?
As a teenage blogger. I look around and see CHILDREN my age dating. I have seen more broken hearts in the people I have seen having a BF or GF than in anyone who is Single. 
Anywho, I believe we should contrast the two.
A Boy friend is wonderful to have. They are not binded to you, yet they hang around! you can talk to them about personal issues instead, and you trust them. Often people with bast friends of the opposite gender are misconceived as having multiple significant others. When in reality, they are comforatable around the other gender and are willing to remain just friends. Who knows? Maybe the Boy friend with eventually become your Boy Friend!
Now, what about a Boy Friend? This guy is binded to you. Any actions he does around girls can be seen as cheating. And it stresses the relationship. You can't truly be comfortable around the opposite sex, without worrying about cheating.
Therefore I propose that you should have Boy friends, and not a Boy Friend at this point. Eventually it is possible your Boy friend may become your Boy Friend. But for now, a Boy friend is the best choice. 
-Sapphire

No comments:

Post a Comment